Welcome to my talk page!
Finally came time to archive, huh?
Anyway, a question for you. When you deleted the Breath category, was it automatically removed from all the articles that had it applied to them? If so, why don't we just delete depreciated categories like Death and Original Content? I can understand holding onto blacklisted categories, like MLP--there are still existing pastas on the site that make sense being in the category, it's just that no new ones are allowed. But if we're cleaning up and trying to get rid of a category, is there a reason we don't just trash it? Xelrog T. Apocalypse 04:09, July 28, 2014 (UTC)
Good job on hitting 1000 pages on this wiki!
Go ahead and change to blue for now.
Re: Category Removal
Wow, you work fast. Thanks. I've been taking care of the depreciated categories by going through the articles therein for maybe an hour a day or so, not all at once, haha. I'll likely continue doing the same for Dismemberment until it's gone. If you'd like to help get rid of it, be my guest, but it's going one way or the other.
Oh, and also, is Mike's category page being removed? I noticed it was now a red link on the category listing. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 11:32, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
You Censored the People's Opinions
But seriously, banning people for CENSORED words is hilarious. Good job!
"posting ASCII in the main (the Lenny face)"
OH SHIT! I POSTED A LENNY FACE! CALL THE AUTHORITIES! Hilarious...
"It wasn't then till you pushed the limit by censoring slurs like 'faggot'."
Banning people for CENSORING bad words should count as mod abuse. Again, hilarious...
"You're supposed to be a good role model on this site because you are an administrator on here. Not just solely act like immature in the chat. It's alright to be immature for a bit, but that stuff? The stuff that you did? That stuff briefly borders not acceptable by this wikia's standards towards the modding admin(s)."
You may be right about that, but some of the reasons you gave for banning me are borderline hilarious.
What makes you think I said "faggot"? I said "f*****", and that can mean anything. Here's proof:
failled fainer faints faired fairer fairly faiths fajita fakeer fakers fakery faking fakirs falces falcon fallal fallen faller fallow falser falsie falter family famine faming famish famous famuli fandom fanega fangas fanged fanion fanjet fanned fanner fanons fantod fantom fanums faqirs faquir farads farced farcer farces
I did that to test you. Also, the main reason for banning me was for a censored six letter word? Hilarious.
I'd love to see my sequels to Origins of Mickey appear here, given that I'll be credited. While I don't have the stories, you have my permission to get them from Pastebin.
For one, it wasn't supposed to be a month in the first place. 2 weeks to 20 days was what I had originally set down. Sure, I left a month as the deadline. But there is no need to wait for the dead line if there isn't going to be attention on the app. We don't have that big of a community. It isn't hard to get a community opinion on any proposal or request.
For two, saying "Let's leave a well-supported app sitting there, because, you know, it's crat." doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The deadlines are for two things: To give crats time to review the app, and to give voters time to vote. They don't need a month. 2 weeks here is plenty of time. Dashie ~20% Cooler~ 04:42, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
Fetal, I am back. This is some chat thing, someone 1337'd the racial slur "nigga" http://prntscr.com/4ikf4h Just alerting you about this rule breaking. I will post more pictures and text if there are more offenders or repeated offenders.
Oh god, I forgot, So sorry I WAS AWAY AS WELL, I've been away and uninformed, maybe you can inform me?
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the heads up, my apologies for the mistake. I see what you mean, utilizing it for the purpose of showing the downward spiral of the scenario and the person relating it and their declining stability. In any case, I'll be sure to watch for that sort of thing prior to making edits. Howard Phillips Lovecraft (talk) 11:02, September 2, 2014 (UTC) H.P. Lovecraft
Eraserhead is the name.
Leave your hate mail here. 01:05, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Some Stuff
Done and done. Thanks for the heads-up. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 14:42, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
I think since he's more active and that was the original reason for his demotion - his basic lack of activity - I'll just go ahead and give him admin back. We need to have at least one other admin, so I think he'll be fine. I'll keep an eye on him.
>inb4 "Well the User Rights policy says X" Just to let you know, he was demoted basically for inactivity, and he is active again. I see no reason why he should not get his old rights back, considering I had only demoted him to rollback in the first place. Steam Phoenix - Her Majestic and Loyal Talk Page - 21:03, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Chat Ban Requests
It seemed rather redundant having a section about them on the rules. We don't need to have a specific format for users to request bans to a chat mod or admin. All users need to do is report that a user is violating the rules, or that they think a ban is in order via PM, and the mod/admin makes the decision on whether the ban is implemented and for how long. All that having the section there does is make users think that it's their decision how long someone gets banned, not the staff's. At least, that's the way I see it. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 01:00, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Now I'm confused. Why would anyone ever request themselves banned, for any reason? What possible purpose could that serve? Xelrog T. Apocalypse 02:08, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- ...I find it incredibly stupid that any user would think it's our job to ban them if they lack the self control to just not go on the chat. I would even go so far as to say that it's encouraging some very bad habits in said users if that's the response to a lack of self control. I'd myself be tempted to state outright, "We do not hand out chat bans on request."
- Please do not re-add that section just yet. I think this merits discussion with the other bureaucrats. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 03:04, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- That might be best. Feel free to make the proposal thread. I'll probably even highlight it. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 14:16, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
I hope you realize we do really appreciate all you have done, and continue to do for the wiki. Or I do, anyway. I can't really speak for Callie or your interactions with her. Just don't overextend yourself, is all. You've gone well above and beyond the call of duty, so don't feel obligated to keep up the pace. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 16:13, September 11, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Chat Unban
Done. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 22:20, September 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hi I am new～～～～
Marked For Review
What do you mean, specifically, when you say it's a "standalone" category? Not being familiar with the term, someone could make any number of assumptions without a definition in place. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 21:09, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Won't that lead to category inconsistencies, and extra work for moderation if the M4R tag is deemed unnecessary? I think it would make things run more smoothly if it weren't standalone. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 21:20, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
In light of MyStreve's recent contest over on CPW, I started thinking it might be a good idea to do something similar here on SPW. Not necessarily for prizes, but a monthly event in which users could put up their own pastas for consideration by admin(s), the winner of which gets a special tag on their article. The difference between this and PotM would be, one, users would be submitting their own stories in order to bring underappreciated articles more attention, and two, it would not be decided by popular vote, but by qualitative analysis. The only significant change this would entail would be the addition of said "Spinpasta Spotlight" category tag. Being the other two most active admins, I'm asking for yours and Callie's opinions on the idea. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 17:35, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I suggested a month because, if it was a recurring event, I thought that would be the easiest time period to keep track of, and keep there from being too many winners. I had it in mind that each user would be allowed 1 submission per period (again, because this is a recurring event) and I would personally be reading and reviewing each submission. Seeing the insane number of entries Streve got, I think one entry per user over a period of one month would be the easiest for me to chew. Though, if the event does become regular I'm open to other admins participating, of course. You seem to be the only one running PotM right now, though. I don't think a second and third place are necessary, as there's only one tag to be given out, but I could list "honorable mentions" in the monthly results as a means of bringing good pastas some attention, if not as much as the winning tag would. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 19:50, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I'll start the thing in a week, once October rolls around, and if we do get some submissions, then I welcome your feedback on them. We can discuss them in chat or something if we have to. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 23:18, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
Block on CPW
It appears I have been IP blocked on CPW. I haven't edited or posted anything lately, and certianly not anything blockable. Can you speak to Nick, as he is the one who blocked me?
PS: It says "IP adress was recently used by VittalyGamesHD". Perhaps someone at my school, therefore having the same IP got IP blocked, mistakenly blocking me as well?
- I've removed the IP Block on him. You should be able to edit and the like now. (Note that I didn't unblock him). Steam Phoenix - Her Majestic and Loyal Talk Page - 20:26, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I am looking for some more general feedback as well. To make sure that I'm on the right track, and making something that is genuinely amusing. Believe it or not, these things are more time-consuming to produce than you might think.
Hi I'm new here, I was wondering if maybe sometime you could check out my stories and give me your opinion on them? I would appreciate any feedback you give me. IPurity (talk) 01:46, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Collaboration Project
I'll probably be on at about 20:00 GMT. Not sure I understand what that subpage of yours does, but we can talk about it in the chat. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 14:41, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
Whoops, you're right. Forgot about that. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 00:49, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
RE: A Request
Yeah. Unprotected your profile and updated the CSS. Xelrog T. Apocalypse 04:49, December 1, 2014 (UTC)
Well, my father gave me a small loan of a million dollars
I'm not really too into Facebook at this moment in time. Also, the site I was using was called Bandcamp.